Easy DIY Christmas decorations
How about making your own Christmas candles in glass jars? Here’s how…
1. Prep your jars for use. Make sure they are clean and completely dry. Place them on a sheet of wax paper to ensure that any wax that spills will be easy to clean up.
2. Insert a candle wick in the centre of each jar. If you are using wicks with wick clips (little metal disks on the end), the wicks should easily stand up straight. If you are using wicks without clips, just hold the wick in position by tying the top of the wick to a pencil and balancing the pencil across the top of the container.
3. Wax should always be heated in a double boiler for safety precautions, which is essentially a pan inside of a pan. Fill the bottom pan with water and then place the second pan (where the wax will go) inside of it.
4. Cut the wax into small pieces and place it in the pan-within-the-pan. Heat over medium heat until the wax has melted.
5. Want your candle to be a certain colour? Add bits of crayons to the wax and heat until melted. Continue adding bits of crayon until you’re happy with the colour – the more you add, the darker it will become.
6. Don't ever leave your stove unattended while the wax is heating! When the wax has melted completely, turn off your stove.
7. Use oven mitts or pot holders to carefully pour the wax into your jar until it reaches the top (or the desired height).
8. Give the wax a few hours to cool down – best is to leave it until it has completely hardened.
9. Once the wax has hardened, simply trim the wick down to size, and your candle is ready for use!
Want your home to look slightly different this festive season? See these 20 amazing alternatives to traditional Christmas trees.
Easy DIY Christmas decorations. Best 40 Last Minute Very Cheap and Cool DIY Holiday Gifts
50 Cheap & Easy DIY Outdoor Christmas Decorations. Check out these DIY outdoor Christmas decorations that make it cheap and easy to get your porch and yard looking festive for the Holidays! Make your home the most festive on the block with these creative DIY Christmas decorations!
More Galleries of Easy DIY Christmas decorations
Cute & Easy Holiday Decorations60+ Of The BEST DIY Christmas DecorationsTop 36 Simple And Affordable DIY Christmas Decorations40 Easy Homemade Christmas Decoration Ideas41 DIY Christmas DecorationsEasy DIY Christmas Decor11 DIY Easy Christmas Decorations For Your Home : The25+ Simple Christmas Crafts And Décor IdeasWonderful DIY Ribbon Beads Christmas Tree45 Budget-Friendly Last Minute DIY Christmas DecorationsDIY Christmas Decorations20 Super Easy DIY Christmas Decor IdeasEasy DIY Christmas Decor: Fabric Covered Cones36 Easy And Beautiful DIY Projects For Home Decorating You40+ Simple And Affordable DIY Christmas Decorations10 Easy And Inexpensive DIY Christmas Gift Ideas ForEasy Diy Christmas Decorations Ideas25+ Unique Diy Christmas Decorations Ideas On PinterestHomemade Christmas Star OrnamentChristmas Centerpiece Ideas
Tags: Easy DIY Christmas Decorations, Easy Diy Christmas Decorations For Your Room, Easy Diy Christmas Decorations Paper, Easy Diy Christmas Decorations Pinterest, Easy Diy Christmas Decorations Ideas, Easy Diy Christmas Decorations For Outside, Easy Diy Christmas Decorations For Classroom, Easy Diy Christmas Decorations Youtube, Easy Diy Christmas Decorations For Office, Easy Diy Christmas Decorations Uk, Easy Diy Christmas Decorations, Easy Diy Christmas Decorations For Adults, Easy Diy Christmas Decorations For Front Door, Easy Diy Christmas Decorations Snow Globes